1. Product name: Scleromed injection
2. Specification: Dextrose 2500mg & Sodium Chloride 1000mg
3. Package: 1 vial/tray/ box
Scleromed is a relatively weak sclerosant recommended for the local treatment of varicose veins, especially small vessels and communicating veins of the superfical venous system. It is also used as an adjunct to the surgical treatment of varicose veins of the lower limbs.
1) Strictly contraindicated, as with any sclerosing agent in
2) Recent superficial or deep thrombophlebitis (6 months to 2 years)
3) Varicose veins caused by abdominal or pelvic tumors
4) Potential underlying arterial disease
5) Renal or cardiac insufficiencies accompanied by venous stasis or dilatation
6) Angina pectoris
7) Local or systemic infections
9) Uncontrolled diabetes mellitus
Use only under strict medical supervision (preferably by a physician accustomed to sclerosing technique)
1) To be administered very cautiously to women on oral contraceptives and to patients with a history of deep thrombophlebitis.
2) Do not inject in arteries(risk of ischemia and necrosis of the surrounding tissues)Avoid extravasation (may cause sloughs).
3) Keep in mind the possibility of a mild or even severe allergic reaction.
4) Be aware of the possible occurrence of pulmonary embolism if the thrombus enters the systemic circulation.
Depends on the length and size of the vein to be sclerosed. Do not inject more than 10ml per visit, at the rate of 0.1 to 1ml maximum per injection site; keep a 5cm space between injection sites. Store at room temperature(15℃-30℃).